The package includes:
• 15 hours English or French Language lessons per week (English is with a qualified TEFL Teacher)
• 15 hours Horse Riding per week with a fully qualified BHS instructor
• One excursion per week - fully accompanied – usually to Dublin or Irish National Stud
• Regular supervised Evening Activities, e.g.: art, badminton, football, rounders, woodland walks, karaoke, a Friday night disco & more...
• Free airport pick-up and drop-offs and transfer to and from the centre between 10am-6pm Saturday
• Full accommodation in dormitories sleeping 4 with ensuite shower rooms
• All meals and drinks for the duration of your stay
• 24 hour adult supervision in secury farmland location.
• 40% of the students return for another year.
• Classes are deliberated kept small to allow a personalised approach (when students arrive they are assessed by the Head of Languages and put in a group with other students at a similar level).
• The centre is set in 120 hectares of beautiful panoramic countryside.
• Students and staff stay in the panoramic Dunsany Castle, see picture attached.
• The Castle has just been recently refurbished in March 2009
• Here they eat their breakfast & evening meals & are fully supervised at all times, evening activities are conducted in the grounds of the Castle.
The course is suitable for students from the age of 10 to 16 and the recommended programme is two weeks, during this time the aim is to improve their English or French Language, Horse Riding and Horsemanship, and give students an opportunity to experience another culture in a secure and friendly environment.
As well as UK, Ireland and France, there are students from Spain, Germany, Finland and Italy – this ensures students socialise in a foreign language.
Tennis Option - You may exchange either Language Lessons or Horse Riding with Tennis Tuition.
There is a 40% return rate of students year on year. Here is what Cris Bresson from Chantilly had to say about the holiday:
“We left our daughter Solene in a safe and secure environment, she was well cared for and the language and riding lessons were superb. She is looking forward to returning next year with her little sister”.
A Sample Itinerary
07.30 Wake up call
08.30 Make your bed and tidy your belongings.
08.50 Lively Wake-Up Aerobic Routine! Out to yard to prepare your Horse/Pony for Riding
09.00 – 12.00 Riding Lesson – different activity and ride a different pony/horse everyday: Assessment / Pony Games / Hack / small Cross Country / ‘Tack n Turnout’ and Show Jumping / Carousel ride (or Tennis Option instead of Riding Lesson)
13.30 - 16.30 English Lesson
16.30 – 17.00 Clean tack and evening stables: help turn out your horse/pony
17.00 - 18.00 Free time: Tea served - fruit, drinks, toast and jam. We request that parents restrict telephone calls to this time to avoid disruption of the programme.
18.00 Full Dinner
19.00 – 20.00 Evening Activities: badminton, football, treasure hunt, woodland walk, tennis, arts and crafts, rounders & more...
20.15 Evening Snack – Hot chocolate & biscuit, toast.
22.00 Bedtime and Lights out
2018 prices and dates:
7 April - 14 April £895
14 April - 21 April £895
21 April - 28 April FULL
28 April - 5 May £895
16 June - 23 June £995
23 June - 30 June £995
30 June - 7 July £995
7 July - 14 July £995
14 July - 21 July £995
21 July - 28 July £995
28 July - 4 August £895
4 August - 11 August £895
The Course starts every Saturday evening at 7pm with a 'Welcome to RMEC: Introductory Talk and Health and Safety Briefing'. The Course ends on Friday at 7pm with Prize Giving. Saturday is Arrivals/Departures Day, and rest day for students staying 2 weeks or more. Anyone who arrives or departs outside the standard airport transfer time (Saturday 10am - 6pm) will be transferred by private taxi and pay the driver directly. If you arrive on any other day except Saturday you may not receive the full programme of 15 hours English and Horse Riding.
To receive a full colour brochure and the application forms from our horse riding holiday range please email or telephone 01829 781123.
There are no hidden charges (your entrance to museums, tourist attractions and the swimming pool is not included).
The qualified teaching staff are experienced in identifying the needs of each student ensuring that everyone learns at a pace that suits them so they can reach their full potential. Groups are kept small to allow for genuine one-to-one teaching support. Students receive 15 hours language tuition per week and in addition they are encouraged to converse in the language they are learning outside lesson time. The Equestrian Centre is a family run business and is fully approved by both BHS (British Horse Society) and AIRE (Association of Irish Riding Establishments) and is superbly located only 20km from Dublin Airport.
To read Equestrian Escapes reviews click on the link!
If your would prefer to just ride during your holiday then please look at our other holidays that are suitable for children in the UK horse riding holidays section. In addition you will find Family Riding Holidays in Italy here and the full range here Riding Holidays Italy
Children's Horse Riding Holiday UK
Riding Holidays Bournemouth for advanced riders over the age of 12 years.
Your children will be well looked after on this horse riding holiday. This riding holiday is great for children who want to learn a new language whilst combining this with riding. You will be riding fantastic horses on this equestrian holiday.
To read about Friends of Equestrian Escapes click here.
We inspect all the horses in our horse riding holidays to ensure the best quality holiday for you.